What aspects should be considered in the selection of rolling bearings?
There are many types of rolling bearings and a wide range of sizes. In order to select the most suitable bearing for the design purpose, it is necessary to integrate the mechanical conditions of use, the performance requirements of the bearings, the specifications of the bearings, and the market and economy. analysis.
Since the bearing diameter is generally determined first, then the bearing is selected first. Based on the inner diameter of the bearing and taking into account the bearing installation space and configuration, the bearing type is initially determined. Secondly, the "mechanical required bearing life" and "press" are analyzed and compared. Bearing life calculated by bearing load "determines the size of the bearing; finally, it is necessary to determine the internal structure of the bearing such as accuracy grade, internal clearance, cage, lubricant, etc.
The general steps for selection are:
1. Determination of bearing type and configuration. (Reference factors are: bearing installation space; bearing load size, direction and nature; speed; rotation accuracy; noise and friction torque; rigidity; relative inclination of inner and outer rings; installation and disassembly; bearing configuration; Sex and economy).
2. Determination of bearing size. (mechanical required bearing life; equivalent dynamic load; equivalent static load; speed; main bearing size; basic dynamic load rating; basic static load rating; allowable axial load).
3. Determination of the accuracy level. (rotation accuracy; noise and friction torque; speed; bearing accuracy).
4, with the internal clearance. (The size and nature of the load; the temperature at the time of operation; the material, size and precision of the shaft and the outer casing; the fit; the temperature difference between the inner and outer rings; the rotational speed; the preload; the bearing accuracy; the internal clearance of the bearing).
5, cage material and type. (speed; noise).
6. Special environment response measures. (Medium conditions, such as temperature, seawater, vacuum, pharmaceuticals, dust, gas, magnetic fields, etc.; special materials; special heat treatment; special surface treatment; lubricants).
7. Lubrication method, lubricant and sealing device. (use temperature; speed; lubrication method; lubricant; sealing device; limit speed of bearing; grease life).
8. Installation and disassembly methods and installation related dimensions.
9. The final determination of the bearing and its surrounding specifications. The result is a bearing that meets the requirements.